6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
520 Elliot Street
Charlotte NC, 28202
Greetings Product Developers/Inventors.
The June General meeting is close and I am excited to tell you about a new program called LEAP. It is a program that assists inventors with legal services in North Carolina. Visit the web link and learn more about the potential of this program and how it can help you as well as your associates and friends.
Ashley and Fred will be presenting this program in person at the June meeting. If you need assistance in paying for an attorney for your invention, then you will not want to miss this one.
Contact NC LEAP @:
8000 Weston Parkway
Cary, NC 27513
Ashley E. Randall
Ashley E. Randall is the Assistant Director of Public Service and Pro Bono Activities for the North Carolina Bar Association Foundation, where she coordinates public service and pro bono initiatives which allow attorneys to help indigentNorth Carolinians. In this role, she coordinates NC LEAP, which is a signature pro bono project connecting low-wealthentrepreneurs with free legal assistance.
- Most recently, NC LEAP launched its Inventor Assistance Program which provides attorneys to assist low-wealth inventor’s navigate the patent system.
Ashley was born and raised in Naples, Florida where she lived until 2011. While in Florida, Ashley worked as a paralegal for ten years and gained experience with multi-district business litigation and complex civil litigation. For five years, Ashley acted as the primary internal trial technology manager for two different law firms and then successfully transitioned a mid-sized law firm to a paperless environment.
Ashley E. Randall
Assistant Director, Public Service & Pro Bono Activities
North Carolina Bar Association Foundation
- Fred Parker is a partner with law firm James, McElroy & Diehl in Charlotte. His practice includes: litigating tax disputes with the IRS, state departments of revenue, and local tax assessors; general dispute resolution; and small business law.
Blake E. Vande Garde
Blake has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications in both the United States and abroad. Blake’s experience also includes evaluation and advisement regarding trademark oppositions and cancellations before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC, is a boutique intellectual property law firm limiting its practice primarily to those areas of law that include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC, was founded with the goal of providing clients prompt, professional, but yet personal, legal services. The firm is committed to providing only the highest quality of legal services for its clients regarding their intellectual property needs.
Memminger E. Wiggins began practicing law in 1996 after graduating from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, located in Lansing, Michigan. The goal from the beginning was to provide prompt, professional, but yet personal, legal services to his clients. His law practice can be considered a “boutique” law firm in the sense that he limits his practice of law primarily to just those areas of law that include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Clemson University, Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology
- LICENSES AND BAR ADMISSIONS
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court District of South Carolina
- United States Tax Court
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Oconee County Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Carolina Patent Trademark and Copyright Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 500
Charlotte, NC 28277
- This meeting cost $20 for guest
- Now that we are at the middle of the year, the dues are prorated at 40$ for the remainder of the year.
- Check and Cash are accepted.
- Thank you once again for supporting the INotC.
- Collectively when we network, mountains can be moved!
- Through creativity, we can develop a civilization worth living in!
- When we commercialize, we give our value and vision to the world!
Network, Develop, Commercialize
We look forward to seeing you.
Building info: If you have not been to our meetings before, the building is located at the end of Elliot street on the right. Then you go through the fence and down the driveway. The front door is located on the left side. Once you go in follow the hall way to the end then go through the door and turn left to the meeting room door.
President – Brian James
Flourish and Prosper
We look forward to seeing you.